- Singa service (later "the Service") is operated by
- Singa Oy (later "the Company");
- Used by you, as the user of the service (later “the User”);
- The Service manages the content (later "the Content") provided by the Service or the User.
The Company provides an online karaoke service, which allows the User to sing karaoke and take part to competitions, and interact with a community of likeminded people, under certain terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement.
All content on the Service and available through the Service, including designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Content"), are the proprietary property of the Company, its users or its licensors with all rights reserved. No Service Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Company's prior written permission.
The User should understand that while using the service the User may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language. Nevertheless, the User should agree to use the service at his/hers sole risk and that the Service shall have no liability to the User for content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable. Provided that the User is eligible for the use of the Service, he/she is granted a limited license to access and use the Service and the Service Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Site Content to which the User has properly gained access solely for his/hers personal, non-commercial use, provided that all copyright or other proprietary notices are kept intact. Except for the User’s own User Content, uploading or republishing Service Content or incorporating the information in any other means is not allowed, and any other use of the Service Content is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes.
License is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
Eligibility and Requirements for the User
Information provided by the User
The User agrees to:
- Provide true, current, accurate and complete information as prompted by the registration form.
- Maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate.
Please note that any information, data, material or other communication the User transmits or posts to the Service will be deemed NOT to be confidential and non-proprietary. By providing to the Service any information or material, the User grants unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual license to use, copy, have used, reproduce, display, modify, have modified, incorporate, sublicense, distribute or otherwise dispose of those information, data, material, and communication. The User further agrees that the Service is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that the User sends to the Service for any purposes for all commercial and non-commercial purposes.
Services and Memberships
Free Membership: You may access and use the Service for free, but you agree and acknowledge that some features of the service will not be available to you through this Free Membership. For example, you will be able to stream, listen to and sing-along with only part of the catalog of sound recordings available.
Registered Membership: You may access and use the Service for free, but you agree and acknowledge that in order to receive more features of the service, you will have to register your account and provide us with some information of yourself. You will be able to stream, listen to and sing-along with only part of the catalog of sound recordings available.
Code of Conduct
The User acknowledges and agrees to use the Service, including the Content available through the Service, in compliance with the applicable code of conduct:
- The User agrees to use the Service and the Content available through the Service, for personal, non-commercial use only;
- The User agrees not to use the Service and the Content available through the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Service or the Content available through the Service;
- The User agrees not to use any data mining, robots, scraping, or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- The User agrees not to sign up for an account on behalf of someone else or of any group or entity;
- The User agrees not to use, sell, rent, transfer, license or otherwise provide anybody with the Service and/or the Content available through the Service, except as provided herein;
- The User agrees not to interfere with the other Users’ use and enjoyment of the Service;
- The User is solely responsible for his/hers interactions with other Users of the Service. The Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between the User and other Users of the Service;
- In the event that The Company modifies any part of the Service or discontinues the Service, which the Company may do at its own discretion, the User acknowledges that he/she may no longer be able to use the Service or to use it to the same extent as prior to such change or discontinuation, and that The Company shall have no liability to the User in such case;
- The Service offers to the User the possibility to create the Users profile, in which the User may submit, post or display some information about the User and upload a picture of the User. The User agrees not to post, display, upload, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any Content in the User’s profile for which the User do not have the complete ownership rights. The User further agrees not to post, display, upload, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any Content in the User’s profile that, in the sole judgment of the Company, is illegal, vulgar, obscene, threatening, defamatory, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable or which may expose the Company to any harm or liability of any type, whether the User decide to make the User’s information and the User’s picture accessible and viewable by the User’s friends or the public, or the User decides to keep it private. The Company reserves the right not to post, display or publish any Content, and to delete, remove or edit any Content, at any time in its sole discretion without liability and without notice;
- The Service offers interactive features that allow the User to submit, post or display information and other materials in other areas of the Service than the User’s profile, which are accessible and viewable by other users of the Service and the public, including, but not limited to, posting comments on the other users’ personalized renditions of the sound recordings. The User agrees that any use by the User of such features shall be the User’s sole responsibility, shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other, contribute to or encourage unlawful conduct, be illegal, harassing, abusive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, in the sole judgment of The Company. The Company reserves the right not to post, display or publish any such information and materials, and to delete, remove or edit any such information and materials, at any time in its sole discretion without liability and without notice;
- The User agrees that the picture and information in the User’s profile, as well as any other information, Content or materials that the User submits, uploads, posts or displays in connection with the Service shall remain the User’s exclusive property. The User further agrees that if the User does submit, upload, post or display information, pictures, materials or any other Content in connection with the Service, and the User elects to make such information, pictures, materials or other Content accessible and viewable by the public, the User automatically grants the Company a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, exhibit, distribute, and display such Content in any media. The User also grants the Company and its sub-licensees the royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable right to use the name that the User submits in connection with such information, pictures, materials or other Content, if they choose.
- The Service offers interactive features that allow the User to record personalized audio and/or video renditions of the sound recordings and to decide whether the User wants the User’s personalized renditions to be accessible and viewable by the User’s friends or the public. The User agrees that any and all of the User’s personalized renditions of the sound recordings shall remain the exclusive property of the Company. Except for the limited rights available to the User from the Company in the Service, the User agrees that the republication, broadcast, distribution, exhibition or other use of the User’s personalized renditions of the sound recordings is prohibited, including, without limitation, sending such recordings via email.
- The User further agrees that when using the recording features of the Service and the public sharing of such recordings, The Company shall automatically have the exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, link to, copy, publish, stream, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), summarize, exhibit, broadcast and distribute these recordings in any media. The User grants hereby the Company and its sub-licensees the royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable right to use the name that the User submits in connection with such recordings, if they choose. The User may, at any time, decide to change the public sharing of the User’s recordings by going to My Profile Section and then the Privacy Settings section on The Profile Section page.
- The User agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations when using the Service and the Content available through the Service.
The Company reserves the right to modify the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. However, the Company will publish major changes on the front page section of the Service.
The User agrees that the Service, including but not limited to graphics, text, audio clips, video clips, pictures and editorial content, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by the Company and/or its licensors, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that the User will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the Service in compliance with the terms of this Agreement. No portion of the Service may be reproduced in any form or by any means. The User agrees not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Service, in any manner, and the User shall not exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity.
All copyrights in and to the Service, including but not limited to, Singa (including the compilation of content, postings, links to other Internet resources, and descriptions of those resources), and software, are owned by the Company and/or its licensors. The use of the software or any part of the service, except for use of the service as permitted in these terms of service, is strictly prohibited and infringes on the intellectual property rights of others.
The User can incorporate Content within the Service consistent with recordings of audio, video, as well as comments and suggestions. Along with the incorporation of the Content, the User gives the Company a license that is perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, exempt of royalties and non-exclusive to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish and distribute the Content that is transmitted, published or shown through the Service. Concretely, the User concedes to the Company, permission to use it, including without limitation, rights to copy, distribute, transmit, show and reproduce publicly, duplicate, modify, translate and change its format, and to publish its name in connection with them. The Company will not pay any compensation with respect to the use, copy, distribution, transmission, public showing and reproduction, duplication, modification, translation and change of format of the Content.
This license includes the power of the Company to offer said Content to other companies, organizations, or persons that maintain a commercial relationship for the provision of the service subordinates, and to use the referred Content in relation to the provision of the same.
To exhibit, to load, to write, to provide or to send the Content, the User declares and guarantees that he possesses the rights over the same, or is well disposed of authorization to exonerate the Company of responsibility for any claim that could be suggested with respect to it.
When the User incorporates with the Service a video can be classified as public or private. The Company will indicate in a clear manner the videos introduced and marked as private. However, the User can send the video to other Users at his discretion and under his own responsibility, exonerating the Company of any responsibility derived from the use of those introduced videos by those third party Users.
The materials provided at this service are provided “as is” without any warranties or any kind of including but not limited to warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property.
The Company does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the Materials provided for on the Service. It further disclaims all responsibility as to links on the Service, such as their existence or the accuracy.
The Company may make changes, improvements and/or modifications to the Content displayed on the Service, or products and services referred to within, at any time without notice. The Content at the Service may be out of date and the Company makes no commitment to update it.
Contents published at the Service may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in the User’s country. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, thus the above exclusion may not apply to the User.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Company, its employees, its officers, its affiliates, its suppliers or other third parties mentioned at the Service be liable to the User for any damages, including without limitation special, indirect, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, or loss of information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this Service, any web sites linked to this site, or the Materials, qualifications, opinions or recommendations contained at any or all such sites whether based on warranty, contract, quasi-contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to the User.
The Company may terminate the membership of the User, delete the User’s profile and any content or information that the he/she has posted on the Service and/or prohibit the User from using or accessing the Service (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Service or any Platform Application) for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.